Software in Arabic
R C Nesbit
2014-06-11 13:40:56 UTC
We have a quite large and complex suite of Business Process
Automation software (ERP, CRM, whatever you want to label
it) written (mostly) in VB6, and using a MySQL database.

We have a serious interest in our software from a company
in Saudi Arabia.

Anyone here have any experience of writing VB6 apps with
Arabic front-end?
Rob Pearson
Deanna Earley
2014-06-11 14:43:28 UTC
Post by R C Nesbit
We have a quite large and complex suite of Business Process
Automation software (ERP, CRM, whatever you want to label
it) written (mostly) in VB6, and using a MySQL database.
We have a serious interest in our software from a company
in Saudi Arabia.
Anyone here have any experience of writing VB6 apps with
Arabic front-end?
Textwise, it's easy as long as you have the actually translations and
the ansi codepage is set suitably.

For true RTL support text, I THINK you need an arabic version of VB6 :|
--
Deanna Earley (***@icode.co.uk)
iCatcher Development Team

iCode Systems

(Replies direct to my email address will be printed, shredded then fed
to the rats. Please reply to the group.)
RW
2014-06-11 19:18:23 UTC
On Wed, 11 Jun 2014 15:43:28 +0100, Deanna Earley
Post by Deanna Earley
For true RTL support text, I THINK you need an arabic version of VB6 :|
From this it seems you only need a version of Windows that supports
RTL text.

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?753207-RESOLVED-Textbox-RightToLeft-problem-in-vb6&p=4610793