DLL's
HarryC
2017-08-12 12:00:16 UTC
I've already asked the question about if your program is already
installed on a computer, then any updates to the EXE I can just over
write the existing EXE with out a full install and the answer is yes.
Can I do the same thing with a DLL ?
GS
2017-08-12 18:57:50 UTC
Post by HarryC
I've already asked the question about if your program is already
installed on a computer, then any updates to the EXE I can just over
write the existing EXE with out a full install and the answer is yes.
Can I do the same thing with a DLL ?
A newer version will overwrite the DLL of the same name, but it will need to
still be registered. Your new EXE can do that.

Note that this is why side-by-side was implemented since XP; -to avoid "DLL
hell"! Better to run reg-free using a manifest...
--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc