Seeking VS Basic
i***@gmail.com
2015-04-21 23:51:26 UTC
I am seeking a BASIC compiler that will run 1980s basic. Not the new stuff.

I tried Vintage Basic, No compiler and no email responses.

Thanks
pedro
2015-04-22 01:00:25 UTC
Try QuickBasic 4.5.
Auric__
2015-04-22 05:56:45 UTC
Post by pedro
Post by i***@gmail.com
I am seeking a BASIC compiler that will run 1980s basic. Not the new stuff.
I tried Vintage Basic, No compiler and no email responses.
Try QuickBasic 4.5.
FreeBASIC *might* be able to do it, using the switch '-lang qb', but it
depends a lot on the actual source. Ditto QB64.
They're not killing for survival, they're doing it FOR FUN.
Gordon Levi
2015-04-22 08:50:16 UTC
Post by i***@gmail.com
I am seeking a BASIC compiler that will run 1980s basic. Not the new stuff.
I think that FreeBASIC <http://www.freebasic.net/> will meet your
needs. When I was looking for it I found this page
<http://www.thefreecountry.com/compilers/basic.shtml>. Although they
list some more modern BASICs they also describe some vintage ones.