Another Question
HarryC
2017-02-01 00:55:27 UTC
Gary - I was kinda hoping for a yes or no answer.
Up intill now the PDW worked fine now it asks these questions when
installing. Someone told me it didn't really matter because Micosoft
wouldn't let anything write over a newer file anyhow. I just want to
know what to tell my clients and give my self a piece of mind.
I have never written a manifest file and I have obtained INNO but
haven't had the time to try it out.

Thanks
Harry
GS
2017-02-01 08:11:07 UTC
Post by HarryC
Gary - I was kinda hoping for a yes or no answer.
Up intill now the PDW worked fine now it asks these questions when
installing. Someone told me it didn't really matter because Micosoft
wouldn't let anything write over a newer file anyhow. I just want to
know what to tell my clients and give my self a piece of mind.
I have never written a manifest file and I have obtained INNO but
haven't had the time to try it out.
Thanks
Harry
A manifest is just an XML file you include in your package; -it doesn't
matter what you use to build the package. It has the same name as your
app.exe with ".manifest" appended to it.

You can get a tool for making manifests from VB6Zone...

http://vb6zone.blogspot.ca/2010/07/make-my-manifest.html
--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!