VB6 IDE will not close
scbs29
2015-06-14 13:19:07 UTC
After shutting down my pc and rebooting the following day, the VB6 IDE
will no longer close. No changes whatsoever to the pc.
Whether I try and close by Fle - Exit or by using the top right close
button or Alt-F4 the same thing happens.

I get a dialog stating
Visual Basic has stopped working
Windows is checking for a solution to the problem

This dialog closes and I receive another dialog stating
Visual Basic has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
available.

I receive no notification.

I have had this problem before and could only solve it by uninstall
and reinstall VB6.

Would reinstalling VB6 over the top of what is already installed make
any difference ?

Can anyone offer me any advice on what may be causing this problem and
how it may be fixed or avoided in the future ? Is it a Windows 7
64-bit thing ? Could I back up Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
Studio and restore it if needed ? In this case I assume that other
thngs would need to be backed up as well.

Or is the best thing uninstall and reinstall VB6 ?

I would be grateful for any advice.
remove fred before emailing
ralph
2015-06-14 17:54:52 UTC
[...]