Returning to Visual Basic
j***@gmail.com
2017-11-05 23:17:14 UTC
Good day,
I purchased a new computer and wanted to install Visual basic Express.
During the process I noted that Visual Basic is no longer offered and I then got redirected to a Visual Studio 2017 download site. I now have Visual Studio 2017 installed on my Start page. When I started the program a "start page" is shown with the options: Get started, Open, Recent, and New Project.

I thought I read somewhere that I could still program in VB through Visual Studio. If this is possible how do I get to the VB ide? As you can see I'm a newbee and I thank you for your patience in advance.
Bill Gill
2017-11-06 14:20:18 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
Good day,
I purchased a new computer and wanted to install Visual basic Express.
During the process I noted that Visual Basic is no longer offered and I then got redirected to a Visual Studio 2017 download site. I now have Visual Studio 2017 installed on my Start page. When I started the program a "start page" is shown with the options: Get started, Open, Recent, and New Project.
I thought I read somewhere that I could still program in VB through Visual Studio. If this is possible how do I get to the VB ide? As you can see I'm a newbee and I thank you for your patience in advance.
When you start a new project you are given the option as to
what language you want to use. Just choose the VB option. I
don't recall just how that is presented, but it is there.

And there may be somebody who will jump up and tell you this is
a VB6 newsgroup. Don't worry too much about them.

Bill
Auric__
2017-11-07 02:57:56 UTC
Post by Bill Gill
Post by j***@gmail.com
[...]
It *is* a worry if nobody here can answer questions about VB.Net since it's a
completely different language.
--
Hard to coerce a man who faints if he gets overexcited.