MZTools8
GS
2019-02-19 20:28:38 UTC
Is anyone using this newer paid version? If so, how long did it take to receive
your license file?
--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
John K.Eason
2019-02-19 23:41:00 UTC
*Date:* Tue, 19 Feb 2019 15:28:38 -0500
Is anyone using this newer paid version? If so, how long did it
take to receive your license file?
I've been using the licensed version (V8) for several years. I think the license
appeared almost immediately if I remember correctly. You could always email Carlos
(Carlos Quintero ***@mztools.com) and ask. He's always replied to my emails
promptly.
The registered version is updated monthly BTW. Latest is 8.0.0.1502 released
February 1, 2019.
--
Regards
John (***@jeasonNoSpam.cix.co.uk) Remove the obvious to reply...
GS
2019-02-20 03:06:40 UTC
*Date:* Tue, 19 Feb 2019 15:28:38 -0500
Is anyone using this newer paid version? If so, how long did it
take to receive your license file?
I've been using the licensed version (V8) for several years. I think the
license appeared almost immediately if I remember correctly. You could always
replied to my emails promptly.
The registered version is updated monthly BTW. Latest is 8.0.0.1502 released
February 1, 2019.
Thanks!
Yes, I did contact Carlos via his web Contact form. And yes, he did promptly
reply!

John K.Eason
2019-02-20 12:11:00 UTC
Post by GS
Yes, I did contact Carlos via his web Contact form. And yes, he did
promptly reply!
Good! Incidentally there's a RSS feed for the MZTools blog at
https://www.mztools.com/blog/feed/ where the monthly version updates are announced
with any bug fixes and changes/additions.
GS
2019-02-20 15:31:08 UTC
Post by John K.Eason
Post by GS
Yes, I did contact Carlos via his web Contact form. And yes, he did
promptly reply!
Good! Incidentally there's a RSS feed for the MZTools blog at
https://www.mztools.com/blog/feed/ where the monthly version updates are
announced with any bug fixes and changes/additions.
Nice to know, and thanks!

GS
2019-02-20 03:04:00 UTC
Post by GS
Is anyone using this newer paid version? If so, how long did it take to
receive your license file?
Seems the email got ambushed into the Spam folder by Gmail. All is good now!

Robert
2019-02-20 20:00:43 UTC
What do you see as the benefits to the paid version ?

--- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ***@netfront.net ---
GS
2019-02-21 06:08:18 UTC
Post by Robert
What do you see as the benefits to the paid version ?
See for yourself...
https://www.mztools.com/blog/moving-from-mz-tools-3-0-to-8-0/

..but AFAIK there is no longer a free version available.

Mayayana
2019-02-21 13:07:38 UTC
"GS" <***@v.invalid> wrote

| ..but AFAIK there is no longer a free version available.

I'm curious why you use either version. I downloaded
it after people here talked about it. I used it once to
help remove unused variable declarations. I haven't
looked at it since.
GS
2019-02-21 19:44:04 UTC
Post by Mayayana
Post by GS
..but AFAIK there is no longer a free version available.
I'm curious why you use either version. I downloaded
it after people here talked about it. I used it once to
help remove unused variable declarations. I haven't
looked at it since.
I like some of its features for working with code as they are very helpful in
terms of time/energy optimization given that I struggle with having poor motor
skills. (I'm now in my 27th year living with Lou Gehrig's)

Mayayana
2019-02-21 22:12:58 UTC
"GS" <***@v.invalid> wrote

| I like some of its features for working with code as they are very helpful
in
| terms of time/energy optimization given that I struggle with having poor
motor
| skills. (I'm now in my 27th year living with Lou Gehrig's)

I forget about that. I can see how some of those
automated tools like Msgbox helper or Select Case
helper might be handy for you. I've never actually
looked at any of them because I can't think of
anything that I find tedious.
Wolfgang Εnzinger
2019-02-21 22:52:16 UTC
Post by Mayayana
I can see how some of those
automated tools like Msgbox helper or Select Case
helper might be handy for you. I've never actually
looked at any of them because I can't think of
anything that I find tedious.
Me, too, but there are two features I'm quite frequently using:

- find the places where a Sub/Function/Property is called from and
- find unused variables, functions and the like.

Both is not free of "false positives", but it gives me an idea at least.