WinHTTP problems
Rob
2019-01-22 13:28:43 UTC

I have a *large* legacy program written in VB6, Very successfull,
works fine on all flavours of Windows up to and including 10

Now I need to communicate with a third party using TML Basic Auth and
JSON.

SO far I have created some short code to test the communications:

Dim HttpReq As New WinHttp.WinHttpRequest

HttpReq.SetCredentials "<username>", "<password>", 0

HttpReq.Open "PUT", "https://<API URL>", False

HttpReq.setRequestHeader "Content-Type", "application/json"

HttpReq.Send " "

HttpReq.Send "GET https://<API URL>"

Both the Send methods result in:
{
"status": "error",
"code": 401,
"message": "Access denied"
}

The sane credentials do work OK in Postman app.

What am I missing or doing wrong please?
RobP
Wolfgang Εnzinger