Looking for the FormulaOne ActiveX OCX
GS
2017-04-07 21:25:37 UTC
Does anyone know anyone who has this available for sale? The current version is
Java-based and I need the original AX control for use with VB6.

Thanks in advance!
--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
BTIS Jeff
2017-04-19 21:09:19 UTC
Gary

Were you able to find this?
Believe it or not I have the VBX version ( for VB 3) still in a box
but not the OCX edition.
Try Component Source
https://www.componentsource.com/
I know it's no longer in their "current" product line,
( the web site says "We do not supply this product anymore.")
but they are a large reseller and you can ask if maybe
maybe they can just look and see if they have a box sitting
in inventory from the old days.

If you can't find it anywhere - think about whether you
need all the features. Which features do you need?
We've explored spreadsheet style calculations using a grid component
( our own TList - but perhaps could be done with other grids)
and it's certainly possible to implement many spreadsheet type
features in this way.
If you can't find Formula One, perhaps you can code the specific
behavior and methods, events, properties you need around
a non-spreadsheet grid.

Best wishes

- Jeff Bennett
Bennet-Tec Information Systems
www.Bennet-Tec.com

GS
2017-04-20 03:17:30 UTC
Post by BTIS Jeff
Gary
Were you able to find this?
Believe it or not I have the VBX version ( for VB 3) still in a box
but not the OCX edition.
Try Component Source
https://www.componentsource.com/
I know it's no longer in their "current" product line,
( the web site says "We do not supply this product anymore.")
but they are a large reseller and you can ask if maybe
maybe they can just look and see if they have a box sitting
in inventory from the old days.
Worth doing...
Post by BTIS Jeff
If you can't find it anywhere - think about whether you
need all the features. Which features do you need?
We've explored spreadsheet style calculations using a grid component
( our own TList - but perhaps could be done with other grids)
and it's certainly possible to implement many spreadsheet type
features in this way.
If you can't find Formula One, perhaps you can code the specific
behavior and methods, events, properties you need around
a non-spreadsheet grid.
Best wishes
- Jeff Bennett
Bennet-Tec Information Systems
www.Bennet-Tec.com
Thanks for the response! I'm actually looking for a better OCX then fpSpread as
it seems to have some issues calculating the same formula across multiple
columns. My Excel sheet calcs correctly as do the Libre Calc and Google Sheets
templates. This is the 1st time (in over 12 yrs) my fpSpread has let me down
and I can't get any resolve from Grape City because they dropped support in
favor of their .net version