FileSystemWatcher in VisualStudio 12 or VS Express 13 - can you please help?
RalphCramden
2015-09-13 17:45:04 UTC
The documentation states that I can use a FileSystemWatcher to monitor for
changes in a network drive. My code sets the .Path property, then sets
EnableRaisingEvents = True and .IncludeSubdirectories = True. I have tried a
Path syntax of \\<server>\<folder>, and the FileSystemWatcher will not raise
events. If I map \\<server> to a local drive letter and use <drive_letter>:
\<folder>, the FileSystemWatcher still does not raise events. I have no problems
at all watching a truly-local path such as CL\Windows. Any suggestions would be
most welcomed! Thanks for caring...
Posted with NewsLeecher v7.0 Beta 7
------------------- ----- ---- -- -
GS
2015-09-14 18:29:04 UTC
Post by RalphCramden
The documentation states that I can use a FileSystemWatcher to
monitor for changes in a network drive. My code sets the .Path
property, then sets .EnableRaisingEvents = True and
.IncludeSubdirectories = True. I have tried a .Path syntax of
\\<server>\<folder>, and the FileSystemWatcher will not raise
events. If I map \\<server> to a local drive letter and use
<drive_letter>: \<folder>, the FileSystemWatcher still does not raise
events. I have no problems at all watching a truly-local path such
as CL\Windows. Any suggestions would be most welcomed! Thanks for
caring...
Hi Ralph,
You've posted to a classic VB group (VB6 and earlier)!
--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc