File is older
HarryC
2017-01-31 14:50:35 UTC
I may have asked this before but ...
I still use the PDW that comes with VB (i Know I Know)
When installing my program I get the message that

A file being copied is not older than the one on the machine
Do you want to keep this file?
It is recomened you keep it.

I think that is how it's worded.

the buttons are [yes] for each one and a [No - do this for all]

my question is which file is it talking about keeping. The new one or
the one already on the machine.

I usally answer yes ( thinking i want to keep the one on the machine)
I don't want to over write a file on a clients computer if it is
newer.

what is the proper response to this YES or NO ?

Thanks
GS
2017-01-31 17:40:46 UTC
Post by HarryC
I may have asked this before but ...
I still use the PDW that comes with VB (i Know I Know)
When installing my program I get the message that
A file being copied is not older than the one on the machine
Do you want to keep this file?
It is recomened you keep it.
I think that is how it's worded.
the buttons are [yes] for each one and a [No - do this for all]
my question is which file is it talking about keeping. The new one
or the one already on the machine.
I usally answer yes ( thinking i want to keep the one on the machine)
I don't want to over write a file on a clients computer if it is
newer.
what is the proper response to this YES or NO ?
Thanks
IMO.., use a manifest so your apps can use COM dependancies reg-free.
Store these under your app folder as defined in your manifest. Remove
all 'Register' commands from your installer.
--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc